Searching for invoices
CloudBilling has a number of pre-defined search filters, called "Quick Searches", that allow for quick and easy searching of your Invoices.
- All (default) - all invoices are included.
- Live - returns all invoices that are still "open" (ie. not Closed, Approved, or Exported).
- Ready to Approve - returns all invoices that are successfully Invoiced, and the invoice's period has ended (i.e., ready for Approval, and not already closed in some way).
- Complete - returns all invoices that are Approved or Closed.
- Problem Invoices - return all invoices that failed at some point in the billing or invoicing process, and are now in an error state.
- Advanced - this is not a true Quick Search, but instead will show the full set of search criteria, that you can modify and search on, as below:
When you want to find the invoices of a specific customer you can fill in the Customer Code. The Customer Cluster field (which is an auto-completer) lets you filter invoices based on the customer cluster (and optionally, its descendants too, by selecting Include Children). If you are searching for invoices in a specific status you can select one or more of the Invoice Statuses. (For more information about the different invoice statuses please see Invoice - Statuses). By selecting the Invoice Total button you can filter invoices based on an invoice amount range. By selecting the Billing Period you can easily filter invoices based on their invoice period (alternatively, you can specifically look for "Current" invoices - these are invoices whose period encompasses the current date).
It is possible to combine all these options to help you find your invoices.
The invoices screen provides you with a overview of all invoices in the system. For each invoices we list a number of important properties.
For each invoice you can immediately see the Customer, Customer Code, Customer Cluster, Billing period, the last calculated total and cost total, the status of the invoice and the date when the invoice was last calculated.
There are a number of operations available for each invoice:
- To view all purchases that are included in an invoice, click the button.
- To view the invoice using the Invoice Viewer, click the button.
- You are able to Close or Reject an invoice, by clicking the button. This will show a small screen where you can confirm the details, and add a reason or comment.
- Clicking the button allows you to also Approve an invoice, as well as Close or Reject, using the same screen. This button appears instead of the previous button when the invoice period has ended (i.e. the invoice can now be Approved).
- Clicking on the button will show a popup that allows you to Apply a Transformation to the invoice.
- The button takes you directly to the invoice Transformation Results that exist for this specific invoice.
- Finally, you can select multiple invoices with the button. Clicking the same button in the header will Select ALL Invoices.
- By selecting multiple invoices in these ways, you can easily Approve, Reject, Close, or execute Transformations on larger groups of invoices (by clicking on the relevant button in the header).