A message run is the instance created when a Message Definition is executed. Put another way, it is a message definition applied to a set of invoices. When executing a new Message Run the following dialog is shown:
Using this screen you will need to specify the criteria to define which invoices will be included as part of this Message Run.
- Customer Cluster - invoices for all Customers that are associated with the provided Customer Cluster, will be included.
- Include Children - if this is selected, invoices will be included for all Customers that are associated with the provided Customer Cluster, or any of its descendants.
- Invoice Period - furthermore, you are able to specify the date range of invoices to include in this run.
For each invoice that matches these criteria, the message definition will be applied.
Optionally, you are also able to include a set of email addresses in the Bcc block: Any message that is sent out to your customers, will also be blind copied to the addresses specified here.
Each of the invoices that matches the specified criteria is then considered in combination with the message definition. In order for a message to be sent, some additional criteria have to be met:
- The customer in question needs to have an email address with the key specified as the “Recipient Key” in the message definition.
- See Customers > Emailing for more information.
- For each invoice in question, at least one transformation result needs to exist for the Invoice Transformation specified in the Message Definition.
Once successfully created, the newly created message run is displayed as follows:
The details of the run are shown, and a list of all message results it contains. Each message result is the outcome of the combination of an Invoice, and the message definition the run is based on.
This screen also allows us to manage the run, with the following actions:
- The Run can be started and stopped (click the button above the Message Results list)
- Individual results can be sent again (by clicking the button), or removed (by clicking the button).
- You are able to do these operations in bulk, by first selecting individual Message Results using the corresponding button, and then clicking the relevant operation button in the list header.
- You can see the the status of each message result, indicating errors with the generation or sending of the messages, etc.